eb281190-8efe-4e83-bea7-4dcff67fd6be

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Seven Months Post Tumor Removal

May 2019
Seven months have passed and I still have my Comet with me. It's a blessing.

He has his old age problems, no doubt. His collapsed trachea makes him cough on exertion, his slipped disc makes it hard to get up from lying down position, he is almost completely blind and can only see light and shadows now. He is taking his joint supplement every day.

I am enjoying Comet so so much. He is so spoilt that he roams around the house barking at us to give him what he needs. Two months ago, I decided to give him the tasty chicken that I cook for all of us. he loves it so much. Why should I be careful about his diet any more? Let him enjoy the rest of his little life. He will be seated one foot away from the water bowl but will bark for someone to bring it to him. He wants to be fed milk in someone's hand, he will bark at us at midnight if hes uncomfortable and wants the AC on. he gets everything he wants now. I know that his time with us is limited so let him have it all. There are no long walks around the block any more. For the past five months, he only walks around outside the house. Once a month or so he takes me for a longer walk. His sleeping patterns are almost the same. Except that his hearing isn't so good so he doesn't wake up with every little sound. I can sneak out of the house easily because he can't hear me open the cupboard and dress up any longer. He wakes up completely around six or seven pm. After that hes awake and alert till midnight, acting like a young puppy, bouncing around the house and making various demands. He's just so adorable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment